Step 2: Visit The “Timeline and Tagging” Options
To the right of the “Timeline and Tagging” sub-heading you will see “Edit Settings” … click that.
Step 3: Adjust The Individual Tagging-Related Privacy Options
Here you will find a variety of Tagging-related options that you can customize to your liking:
1. Who can post on your timeline? – I like to set this to “Friends”
2. Who can see what others post on your timeline? – I prefer “Friends of Friends” here.
3. Review posts friends tag you in before they appear on your timeline – Yes. (More on this below)
4. Who can see posts you’ve been tagged in on your timeline? – “Friends of Friends” is my favorite but you may want to really think about this.
5. Review tags friends add to your own photos on Facebook – Yes. (If your friend Jill sees her friend Jack in a photo you upload… she can add a tag to the image that tags Jack. This option lets you approve it before the tag goes live. This prevents you from accidentally appearing to be tagging Jack if you and Jack aren’t on speaking terms.)
6. Who sees tag suggestions when photos that look like you are uploaded? – I like “Friends” here but “Friends of Friends is probably better if you attend a lot of events or family functions.
Now, lets come back for a moment to that “Review posts friends tag you in”…
Once you’ve enabled this feature, any time you are tagged in a post, you will get a notification in your “Activity Log” button. This buttons its to the lower right of your profile’s timeline cover.
While the tag is pending… it is visible to the “tagger” and to the tagger’s friends… but is NOT visible on your wall and is not displayed to anyone you have selected that can see images you are tagged in (usually that is your own friends).
Clicking on the Activity Log button will take you into the activity log and the pending items are shown at the top:
Here you see that my friend and colleague, Twitter Tweet
This article originally appeared on Just Ask Kim and has been republished with permission.
Find out how to syndicate your content with B2C
Whether it's WP tutorials, affiliate sales tips, how to manage your Facebook page, optimizing G+ or simply staying safe and secure online, Just Ask Kim provides what you need to know to grow your business! If you're looking for advice on social tech... Just Ask Kim!… View full profile ›
Join over 100,000 of your peers and receive our weekly newsletter which features the top trends, news and expert analysis to help keep you ahead of the curve.